I just wanted to update you all on my friend Jennifer who is raising support for the Leukemia half marathon in October. I attended a fundraising event for her and her team in Mobile this weekend, and she reported yesterday that she has exceded her goal. She sent me the following email yesterday. Thank you for taking the time to read this post and helping my dear friend in her efforts to fight cancer!
Hi Family and Friends!!
I wanted to let everyone know how my fundraising is going for my Half Marathon in San Francisco in October. Because of your overwhelming generosity, I have already exceeded my personal fundraising goal of $2,925!!! THANK YOU ALL for helping me do my part to fight blood cancers.
As a member of The Gulf Coast Chapter of TEAM IN TRAINING, I am running in honor and support of a little boy named Isaac Franklin. He is 6 years old and recovering from Leukemia. His mom, Deanna Franklin, is actually training to run the Half Marathon with me in San Francisco. She still has a long way to go before she reaches her fundraising goal of $3,900. Would you mind taking a second out of your day to visit her website? A donation of at least $5.00 would help her be able to be part of our team in San Francisco.
http://pages.teamintraining.org/al/nikesf08/dfranklin
Thank You Again!
Jennifer Stewart Christ
No comments:
Post a Comment