Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dear Friends


I am very fortunate to have two wonderful friends (Christy & Ellen) that I've grown up with since childhood. Recently, Ellen and her husband moved to Orlando for him to pursue a degree in counseling. Fortunately, we're spending the upcoming months celebrating sweet Christy as her wedding in November approaches, which means Ellen will be visiting every now and again. Last Thursday, we enjoyed some time celebrating our 30th birthdays (we all gave each other gift cards this year) at the Ross Bridge Spa. It was a weekend of merriment with and for these two dear friends. On Friday, Ellen, James and I packed up the car and headed down to Mobile. While there, we celebrated Christy's upcoming wedding with a beautiful and delicious luncheon at the Bienville Club hosted by Ellen and her mom. I'm going to miss Ellen greatly over the next two years, but am fortunate to have spent so many years in the same town with my two closest friends. It is amazing that God has allowed these friendships to thrive for over 20 years. I don't know what I'd do without my Kick & Elle. I'm so richly blessed!

3 comments:

Christy said...

I love you to pieces, girl!! We truly have been so very blessed. I just love that you and ellen and i spent our twenties together- what a sweet time it was. I don't think of ellen as moving away, just going on a very long trip :)

Ashley, Bronson, Jackson, and Ellis Lee said...

SO great to see a pic of you three beautiful girls! Solid friends are one of the most meaningful gifts that God gives us.

The Dettling's said...

Ashley, you're too sweet! It's an old photo, but I love it. And Christy, you're right. Ellen's just on a very long trip! :) What a great way to think of it!