I'm glad to say I think I caught up on my sleep last night, and will hopefully have the opportunity to do so again tonight. But to understand why I needed to catch up, I must backtrack to 2:45am on Friday morning. I wrote the following email to my precious husband as he slept soundly in our cozy bed.
Honey,
It’s 3:47am. I’m writing you this as you and James lie sweetly in your beds. You probably won’t remember in the morning, but around 2:45am I was awoken. It was by you. You were petting my arm and my head and leaning over me trying to hug me. I woke from great slumber and hugged you back. You then rolled over, snuggled deep under the covers and fell fast asleep. I, on the other hand, got up and went to use the bathroom. I came back to bed and then spent the next 45 minutes staring at the ceiling, the clock and you. I’m thankful to know you love me so much to hug on me in the middle of the night! And because of that, I’m not bothered that I’m lying here on the sofa at 4am writing emails.
I ended up not falling back to sleep until 7:00am Friday morning, but fortunately James decided to sleep in as well. My lack of slumber made for a very grueling day, but I tried to make light of it and took some adorable photos of James that I will share with you in my next post.
I heart sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment