Sunday, April 13, 2008

"Walk A Mile In Their Shoes"




Since Aaron wasn't able to work on the deck this weekend, he decided to join me and James as I "Walked A Mile In Their Shoes" for the CHIPS Foundation of Children's Hospital on Saturday. CHIPS is an organization that helps abused children. We walked from the UAB mini park to the Children's Hospital Business Office on Saturday morning to raise money for the organization. This was my first walk/run since participating in the Azalea Trail Run as a child. I've been using the treadmill at the gym several times a week for the last few weeks, in hopes of losing the "baby fat." When I heard about the walk on a TV commercial on Wednesday night, I thought it would be a wonderful way to put my efforts toward helping others. It was very fulfilling, especially being able to push James in the stroller as a reminder of how fortunate we are as a family and how more children need loving homes!


For more information about CHIPS, please see below:


Children’s Hospital Intervention and Prevention Services (CHIPS Center) is a place where child abuse victims can come for help and healing. The CHIPS staff is a team of specially trained clinical counselors, doctors, social workers, and nurses who work with law enforcement, the Department of Human Resources (DHR), and child advocacy center (CAC) representatives to provide the best possible care for children and families traumatized by physical and/or sexual abuse.

No comments: