Monday, April 28, 2008
Unsolicited Advice
Today was a beautiful April day except that it was a bit chilly for such a late spring day in Alabama. Before meeting my dear friends Christy & Chris for lunch, I ran several errands in Homewood & Mtn. Brook just carrying James from store to store with me. I was surprised by how many unsolicited comments about my child's sockless toes were dished out by other store patrons. I brought the topic up at lunch and Christy agreed that it is surprising how random strangers love to offer their own two cents! As she plans her wedding and I mother my child, it is amazing how people seem to just love to tell you what they think about both subjects--especially in a negative tone. It is shocking that strangers feel so comfortable telling you what you're doing wrong! Thank you for reading as I vent! From now on, I'm going to try very hard to keep my opinions to myself especially if they're negative.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment