Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Walkie-Talkies and a husband with power tools!

For those of you who don't speak fluent Spanish (i.e. my husband who likes to think he's very funny but never took Spanish and me who took 4 years but still has to go behind him and look the words up again), no superble means the best in English.

On a trip to Home Depot today (certainly one of many in our near future) Aaron purchased himself some new toys--knee pads, goggles, sandpaper discs for his orbital sander, and lastly his favorite and soon to be my least--WALKIE-TALKIES!

All women reading this: imagine if you will, a 30-something year old man throwing a walkie-talkie onto your lap and running into the next room only to buzz in to say "10-4, copy that" in a policeman style voice over and over again throughout the afternoon and evening. The range on these things is 15 miles and they charge into a plug-in adapter, so they'll never die!!!

I thought it was cute and a fun idea at first while in the store, thinking it would help us communicate through all this demolition or at least the next time my husband knicked a pipe with the sawzall again. I'm starting to rethink the cuteness factor! : ) But at least he's having fun and I'm able to contribute to the building up of his "masculine spirit." If you've ever read "Wild at Heart" or talked to Gordon Bals, you'll understand what I mean!

However, I have a feeling I'm going to get tired of that little beeping noise and the phrases "10-4", "Over and Out", and "Copy that" very soon!

So, over and out! -Tally

1 comment:

Courtney said...

wow! I can't believe the water damage! I love your new blog and was actually thinking of getting ours going again too.
Love y'all-Court