









On Monday, I had my 33 week check-up and our second attempt at a 4D ultrasound! Fortunately, both went very well. "Baby Brother" is growing bigger and strong. He is in position and ready when the time comes to make his grand entry into the world. He cooperated beautifully for the ultrasound technician this time and is sporting a head full of hair already! (You could actually see it floating around and sticking up!) :) We've been praying for months now, almost immediately since I found out that I was pregnant, about whether or not to attempt a v-back. I had to have a scheduled c-section with James because of PUPPP, and was afraid I'd never have the opportunity to deliver our babies any other way. After weighing the pros and cons of each type of delivery, I had a long talk with my doctor this week. We got some good news today! My doctor is definitely on board with allowing me to attempt a v-back and actually encourages one. However if any problems were to arise between now and then with me or the baby, we'd go back to the discussion of a c-section and also realize that even after trying another method of birth, we could still end up delivering via a section. We are just happy to have the opportunity to attempt the v-back. Aaron and I would love to have a large family, God willing. This just helps increase those chances. I also had a very difficult recovery from the c-section with James, and we're trying to avoid a repeat of that. With all of this said, my husband (and I) still want to have a baby in 2008 (yes, for tax purposes!) My actual due date is December 28, 2008. In order to insure a 2008 baby while still allowing him time to arrive on his own accord, we have scheduled a tentative c-section for December 31, 2008. I'm praying very hard that he comes before then! He's a big boy and has already begun to drop, from what I can tell just carrying him (not by a doctor's analysis.) James was born at 37 weeks and was perfectly healthy! I honestly wouldn't mind this one coming that early too! :) And for now, we'll call him "baby brother." Aaron and I wanted some sort of surprise with this one, after having everything planned with James. We figure the best we could was to keep his name a secret. I'm shocked I haven't spilled the beans yet, but just about 6 1/2 more weeks and we'll get to introduce our sweet baby boy to you...name and all! :)

2 comments:
They got some great shots of Baby Brother. We tried 4 different times with the 4-D, but my baby boy is too low to get his entire face. Not to mention, he keeps his hands, feet, and elbows all right by his face. I hope you do get to deliver the way you want and for him to arrive before 2009! Congratulations and good luck!
Way to go with trying for a v-bac. I'll pray that it works out. The midwife that I use attends lots of v-bac homebirths that almost always are successful! Can't wait to see you at Christy's wedding (and meet your family).
Post a Comment