Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saying good-bye...



This has been a week of mixed emotions for us. We've been moving all week, and had the closing on our old Baker house yesterday. I cried just after signing the papers as the new owner shook my hand! Actually, I've cried a lot this week. Blame it on the pregnancy hormones and just change in general. I've never liked change nor leaving things/people/places behind. I always know greater things lie ahead, but the initial process of moving towards those new greater things is painful for me. I am happy and content with the prospects that are in front of us. We have a beautiful baby boy, another sweet baby on the way, a 4 month "vacation" free from house projects, and our perfect new house being built as I write this. We now live just 3 minutes from our new house, so we can drive over and check on the progress every day! We love having that opportunity, but I think the workers and the foremen already recognize my red Ford Explorer. :) The foreman wave and laugh at me, and the workers get a funny look on their face when they look over and see my car! Oops! Well, I guess I'll finish this entry with a few photos of our last days at Baker. Hope you enjoy! We sure are going to miss that little house. We invested so much blood, sweat and tears into it. I visited it just a few days after our first date while Aaron was still a bachelor there, it's where we spent our first years as a married couple and where we brought our first baby home. I'm sad to leave, but thrilled for the opportunities that are before us. I hope the new owner loves it like we did!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Awww! That was a special house- there's just something about your first house- the one we had in Montgomery is where we dated, married and brought Marky home from the hospital- I will always LOVE that house. Excited about your awesome future in your awesome dream house in your awesome new neighborhood! I'll call soon!