As the title indicates, I will be experimenting in my quest with the desire of a simpler, more "old-fashioned" life for me and my family. I've been exhausted trying to keep up with myself and other's for some time now, and it needs to stop. I have so many ideas I want to experience and share with my boys, and my simple sin of slothfulness is getting in the way of that. SO, this morning I took my first baby step and woke before them...a WHOLE 45 minutes before them. I'm sure this doesn't seem like much to most of you, but for this mama owl it was a gigantic leap toward a better life for my little owlets! My precious hubby has taken the morning duty ever since our third little owlet was born, allowing me to sleep an extra hour later than him. (I'm bad about staying up until 12, 1 even sometimes 2am each night!) He gets the boys up, changes them and takes them to the potty and then brings them down and feeds them breakfast. All that changed this morning! I made MUFFINS! And was able to enjoy an entire cup of coffee BEFORE the pitter-patter of six tiny feet hit the floor.
When they ran into the kitchen this morning, I was rewarded with the exclamation "Wow! What did you cook, Mom?!" by my first-born little owlet. Music to a Mama's ears! And that's our morning thus far...I'll try to update later tonight! I'm still working on the rules and things I'd like to accomplish during this little experiment, but will post a compiled list soon! Whoo-whoo, fellow mama owls! :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Location:The Dettling Casa
1 comment:
so, so proud of you!!!
Post a Comment